Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

My First Day of Freshmen Year

I was wondering if I should've waited until the end of the year to write this blogpost, or if I should've waited until the next school year to make the Freshmen from then feel better about themselves. I realized that I might not remember it as clearly as I do now. So... Here I go:

6 AM: I wake up. My first thought. Ugh. School. Crap. High school. Freshmen year. So then I slowly get up and brush my teeth. Eat breakfast and feel, as usual, I'm missing something. The lack of wearing a sweatshirt maybe?

7 AM: Walk with my dad to the bus stop, which was UPHILL. We waited around for about twenty minutes until it was seven thirty. The bus still didn't come. My friend Georgy then called her dad but ended up getting ride from us. 

7:50 AM: We almost hit another car. This Indian woman was turning left as we were turning right, knowing that there were no cars. She just sped by us and we screeched to an abrupt stop, all of us screaming. She was so oblivious to us and well, you can imagine, we were pretty ruffled and angry.

8:00 AM: Being the very INTELLIGENT person I am, I didn't previously check out where my classes were. So there I was at eight AM (when school had started) and I was wandering around the right side of the campus actually. Anyways, I wandered about for fifteen minutes, trying to find my class. Eventually I did (French 2) and I made it very apparent that I found it. I swung the door open, my facial expression like OH HEY HERE IT IS, and everybody stared at me. Fortunately, at the time, the teacher was kind to me (we have a very difficult relationship) and I sat down in the back of the class.

Second Period: I immediately walked to the right of the building this time but I walked to the wrong side. I made it on time though (Bio with Rsrch). That's when my headache started. My friend Suri was in that class though so it was okay. I also met this girl named Belle and she claimed to be the "happiest punk you'll ever meet" or something like that. She also wear scissors around her neck. She's not intimidating anymore, but that first day ohmygosh. I said on the first day actually, "Not many people like me. Babies don't like me, animals don't like me, teachers and substitutes don't like me." 

Third Period: Math. My first thought: Ohmygosh there are so many older kids. Ohmygosh I'm not going to have any friends. Ohmygosh the teacher is so intimidating. IT'S OKAY THOUGH EVERYBODY. I NOW HAVE A FRIEND NAMED SARAH IN THAT CLASS.

Fourth Period: I couldn't find my (English) class... again. I was fifteen minutes late. I ended up wandering around with a group of people from my middle school for several minutes before they found their class and I was alone. I asked an upperclassman and they didn't help very much. I eventually found it because of a campus supervisor (thank goodness for them). The teacher was scary and I made if very clear that I had friends in that class. The moment I came in, I looked left, right, and straight ahead and I immediately saw three friends. I pointed to each one of them and squealed. One of them smiled, and the other two stared at me stonily like hey, I don't know you, stop. 

LUNCH. Gosh, it was so hot.

Fifth Period: I knew where the drama room was. It was across campus and to get there, you had to cross the parking lot. I didn't want the campus supervisors to think I was trying to sneak off campus, so I tried to find an alternate way. I couldn't seem to find one and eventually I gave up and asked a campus supervisor to tell me where it was and made sure they watched me all the way there. Or, at least until they couldn't see me anymore. I sped walk/ran there, then I barged into the room, right as the teacher was closing the door. I came in all sweaty and my friends were screaming and waving at me and I waved my hand what seemed to be dismissively though my hand was just very languid because i was tired.

Last Period: My headache had gotten very bad. I parted from my friend Ashlyn and sat down at the bottom of the bleachers, just holding my head trying not to throw up. (PE)

And ya. Hope this made you feel better about your first day of school. Bye! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment