Search This Blog

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Movie Review: Interstellar

Interstellar with Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway (with some special guest stars ( (;) is a two hour forty minute movie. Is it worth it?

Well, I’m going to be brutally honest. Towards the middle of the movie I well… I kind of fell asleep. The movie from start to finish was pretty confusing and had this undercurrent of supernatural- no joke, they had the word ‘tesseract’ in it, and because the movie was about trying to find a new world to live in, I expected them to find Asgard and meet Loki and Thor (SPOILER: They didn’t… Unfortunately).

This movie isn’t only about trying to find a new galaxy though, it’s a movie about love. Not goopy teenage/desperate cat lady love, no, but a father daughter love between Cooper (Matthew McConaughey)  and Murph (Mackenzie Foy at the beginning of the movie) and Anne Hathaway’s character and Michael Caine’s character. Because of this, it made the movie all the more interesting and kept you on your toes. Will Cooper and Anne Hathaway’s character see their daughter or father again? With no shame, I will admit I cried on and off throughout the movie when I was awake.

The movie has death, love, mystery, and action and if I had to rate it out of one hundred percent: 70%

Jonathan Nolan and Christopher Nolan, the screenwriters of this movie deserve a round of applause for creativity. The film was confusing at times but everything was so stellar (pun intended) looking- the world and outer space and the screen write was phenomenal. The directing was on point (Christopher Nolan), so much so that the eerie tone of the movie carried out of the cinema and into my soul until now.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment